eBay announced this morning that they are instituting a new price match guarantee on over 50,000 items that are sold on ‘eBay Deals.‘ This price match guarantee is for US Residents only and excludes auction items & third party sellers.
How it works? If you find an eBay competitor selling the same product for less, eBay will offer you a coupon for the difference in price which can be used toward the purchase of that item.
Competitors in the Price Match program include Amazon, Best Buy, Home Depot, Jet, Sears, Target and Walmart.
Prices are matched under the eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee when:
- The request is from a registered eBay buyer, who is a U.S. resident, is signed into their eBay.com account, and the purchase will be shipped to one of the fifty United States;
- The eBay buyer requests a price match of a specific item listed on eBay Deals at the time of purchase and before the purchase is completed (but not post-purchase);
- Both items on eBay and a qualifying Competitor’s website are verified as new condition, identical by a universal product identifier (UPC or brand + manufacturer part number), available and in-stock on both websites by an eBay customer service agent at the time the price-check is conducted by the agent;
- The item is advertised at a price less than the eBay Deals item;
- The price difference does not exceed the lesser of $500 or 50% of the item’s advertised price found on a Competitor’s website; and
- Only one unit per eBay buyer per day is matched.
- Refurbished, used, non-retail packaged products.
- Competitor prices after applicable rebates, free offers, coupons or specific one-time-only promotions from a Competitor’s website, specific offers based on bundled pricing, volume or lot discounts are applied.
- eBay items that are eligible for other eBay coupon promotions or offers are not eligible for an eBay Deals Price Match Guarantee. The eBay coupon applied to an eligible price match cannot be used in conjunction with any other eBay coupon, nor can it be redeemed for cash.
- Purchases during the weeks of Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday.
- An error or misprint on a Competitor’s website.
- Products in the following product categories: gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be “bullion” (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots), real estate, motors (except for parts and accessories).
You can read more about eBay’s Price Match Guarantee Here